Do You Have Aircon Leaking Problem? Understand Why Your Aircon is Leaking & How to Fix It.
Based on our 20 Years Of Aircon Servicing & Repair Experience, you need to take action immediately when you notice your air-conditioner is leaking water.
Aircon Water Leaking
Air-conditioner water leaking can be an alarming and scary moment for any homeowner. There can be many reasons why your air-conditioning is leaking and steps on how to identify the possible causes of the leak.
When your air-conditioning is running, cool air is circulated from your room and released through your compressor placed outdoors. During this process, condensation is formed and water drips onto your aircon drain pan.
An aircon water leak is usually a sign of poor water circulation in your air-conditioning system. The most common problem could be a build-up of dirt or debris trapped along the drain line that causes the leak.
DIY Aircon Water Leak Method
For a start, if you’re more of a hands-on person, you can:
- Find a old vacuum cleaner
- Place the suction opening at the end of your water drain line which can usually be found in your toilet
- Tap the suction opening of your vacuum and the end of your water drain line together to reduce any opening between the drain line and your vacuum
- Turn on the vacuum to remove any water or slime build-up in your drain line.
The above method should clear your aircon drain pipes which ensures better circulation. If your aircon water leak problem persist even after doing the above, get a professional aircon technician to inspect your aircon
We recommend getting professional help to inspect and check the source of the leak. From experience, most of the leaks are usually due to:
1- Poor Maintenance
- Chemical overhaul will be required to flush any dust & dirt that is trapped in the system. On top of that, our aircon technicians will chemical flush your aircon pipes to ensure that your pipes are clear and water flows smoothly.
2- Freezing Coil
- If you having been using your aircon on low fan speed, there is a high possibility that your fan coil might freeze. For such cases, we would recommend that you engage a professional aircon technician to check the root cause of the problem.
Air-Conditioning Water Leak Solution
Upon inspection, if the cause of the leak is due to a build-up of dust and dirt in the drain line, we would recommend doing an aircon chemical overhaul.
The purpose of doing an aircon chemical overhaul:
- Dismantle Entire Indoor Aircon Unit
- Chemical Cleaning & Servicing Of Individual Aircon Parts From Blower to Fan Coil.
- Inspecting, Chemical Flushing & Servicing of Aircon Drain Pipe
- Chemical Cleaning & Servicing of Aircon Fan Coil & Filter to Remove Odor
- Chemical Cleaning & Servicing of Aircon Water Tray
- Checking of Aircon Gas
Only after doing an aircon chemical overhaul can you be sure that your air-conditioning is clean from any trapped dust and dirt which will ensure optimal aircon performance.